The Neon Kingdom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Neon Kingdom

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Game like Brawl?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
mikey20100
Myrmidon
Myrmidon
mikey20100

Game like Brawl? Empty
PostSubject: Game like Brawl?   Game like Brawl? Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:52 pm

As I've been, and most likely we've been, waiting for the next installment in the smash bros series, I ran into a game that appears to look as if it was the long lost, not as talented but still good enough, brother of smash bros. If no one has heard of it, it is Cartoon Network Punchtime Explosion XL. It is a 3rd party game obviously and is available on all 3 current consoles. The character roster varies from different cartoon network characters from the 90's to present. And like SSB, it has the percent system. I've read a bit into but haven't had any first hand experience or had communications with anyone who has tried. If you've played it, I would enjoy to know how the game feels compared to brawl, or if you have comments, questions, or rants I suppose those are fine too.
Back to top Go down
drwaluigi999
Neon reviewer
Neon reviewer

Game like Brawl? Empty
PostSubject: Cartoon Network: Punch Time   Game like Brawl? Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:54 pm

I did some quick research on this, and it looks exactly like Smash Bros. Through what I've heard gameplay is like SSBB, just with bad controls, and lack of fun. It seems an interesting idea for this 'clan' to have some kind of game, but unfortunately we're in a period where there are no games coming out/came out, apart from maybe Mass Effect 3. Mikey do you have an Xbox or PS3, because the Wii seems to be becoming steadfastly defunct. Cartoon Network: Punch Time may be interesting to get, but I'm not sure it's worth spending the money on, especially if its been slated by reviewers as a poor SSBB clone.
Back to top Go down
mikey20100
Myrmidon
Myrmidon
mikey20100

Game like Brawl? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game like Brawl?   Game like Brawl? Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:51 am

I am an xbox 360 owner and just got the game yesterday for Easter. The controls are a bit... funky. What they did right is the shield and c-stick, but the grabbing, jumping, and combos are out of whack. Throws only seem to throw the opponent into the air without damage, jumps are designated to a single button, which isn't too bad except if you are one who used the control stick to jump most of the time. I will constantly move my control stick up so I could get in the air to recover or to try an air combo but... I forget about the one button designation. And lastly the combos, it may be just me though because I can't do em but the computer whips them out on me. Most likely I am going in there thinking its going to be like brawl, or maybe its because I am not used to the controls. Either way I will most likely get better with practice.
On another note, we should probably have a clan reunion sometime. Hopefully we could get a lot of people back on if only for an hour or so.
One last thing maybe, just maybe, the clan will revive whenever the new smash bros comes out on the Wii U.
Back to top Go down
drwaluigi999
Neon reviewer
Neon reviewer

Game like Brawl? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game like Brawl?   Game like Brawl? Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:56 pm

Yeah I heard that the controls were extremely 'funky', on the whole is it worth getting? Also I agree with the idea that we'll probably gain more popularity with having the new Super Smash Bros, and a clan reunion would be amazing. I reckon I could probably get in contact with Jikek and Rino over Xbox Live, however Kyn might be more difficult to contact. Also one problem with this clan was that we were a nintendo wii clan, I reckon if we focussed more on Xbox we could maybe come back to life, this is simply because the Xbox always has games coming out on it.

However until the 22nd of May I'm going to be having some important exams, and after that I should be free till September, but by that time we should have a good plan over what to do.
Back to top Go down
mikey20100
Myrmidon
Myrmidon
mikey20100

Game like Brawl? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game like Brawl?   Game like Brawl? Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:27 pm

The game would be okay to buy used when its like $10 only because of the fact that it has no online multiplayer. You should add me on XBL so we could chat some time. I might be able to get in contact with Kyn on youtube and try to get him on the forums too. Hope we can get this clan together around summer, mabey.
Back to top Go down
drwaluigi999
Neon reviewer
Neon reviewer

Game like Brawl? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game like Brawl?   Game like Brawl? Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:57 pm

Yeah that sounds good, and getting this clan by summer would be amazing. My XBL name is X MIGHTY BooShE. I reckon we can get this clan back together, it'll just take a bit of time.
Back to top Go down
mikey20100
Myrmidon
Myrmidon
mikey20100

Game like Brawl? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game like Brawl?   Game like Brawl? Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:19 pm

Do you think it will be possible to find everyone from the clan? I think I may have forgotten about some people because all I can remeber are six members and I'm pretty sure we had more than that. I'll add you on xbox sometime tomorrow, or you could add me (gamertag is mikey20100). Back on topic though, I just completed CN PTE XL. I have gotten used to the controls of the game, but there is stil something about it that has me fumbling still. I believe that I will try and get all the achievements for this game.
Back to top Go down
drwaluigi999
Neon reviewer
Neon reviewer

Game like Brawl? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game like Brawl?   Game like Brawl? Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:17 pm

Yeah there must be more members, maybe Jikek, Rinorim, Kyn will be able to contact them. I think I have Shrocks on Xbox live. I'll try to add you today. What kind of games do you have on the Xbox?
Back to top Go down
mikey20100
Myrmidon
Myrmidon
mikey20100

Game like Brawl? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game like Brawl?   Game like Brawl? Icon_minitime1Tue May 01, 2012 6:15 pm

Plenty of call of duty and guitar hero games. Halo, assassin's creed, and a couple of others.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Game like Brawl? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game like Brawl?   Game like Brawl? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Game like Brawl?
Page 1 of 1